Located in the heart of Minnesota’s Lakes Area and at the intersection of key Upper Midwest transportation infrastructure routes, the Alexandria area is a great location for businesses to grow and succeed. The area is experiencing significant growth both in terms of commercial expansion and develop, and population and has been identified by Site Selection Magazine as Minnesota’s Fastest Growing Micropolitan Statistical Area in 2007 and 2009. This growth, partnered with the area’s strong manufacturing base, regional healthcare, educational systems, and retail sales strength serves as a strong base to support a wide variety of businesses.
Alexandria/Douglas County business-assets include:
- Transportation accessibility - I-94 and MN State Highways 29 & 27
- Skilled regional workforce
- Growing population base in all age categories
- Higher and Continuing education opportunities
- Strong automated packaging machine manufacturing base
- Regional healthcare system
- Diverse regional economy
- Strongest retail sales levels in Minnesota - nearly 3 times higher than the MN per capita average
- Commercial Financial & Tax Incentives
To learn more about the business attractiveness of the Alexandria/Douglas County regional community, please contact the Alexandria Area Economic Development Commission.